Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hippy Cookies


So last night Ani had sugar in the form of chocolate chip cookies. Kevin has made it clear to me that if she has sugar like that again at night, I get to bounce her to sleep. I kind of like my quiet time at the end of the day and I will not willingly give it up.

So... I made Ani some hippy peanut butter cookies to consume during daylight hours. "Hippy" because I found the recipe on my worn Lauren's Kitchen cookbook. It was the first cookbook I ever purchased - after I had copied too many recipes out of it at the local Barnes and Noble during my college years to call it "referencing" any longer. I love that cookbook. Anyhow, the cookies have honey, peanut butter, egg, vanilla, spelt flour, baking soda and salt. Super easy and Anika loves them. She is getting very good at asking for more in sign language. 


And just like clockwork, she took her nap at exactly 12:30 and slept for 2 1/2 hours.  

No comments: